Shrimp and Coconut Rice BowlBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Shrimp, ripe avocado, strips of pickled ginger and protein-rich edamame get cozy in a bowl full of steamy rice.
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut water , or water
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 slices fresh ginger
- 1 400-g pkg frozen large peeled raw shrimp , thawed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 avocado , thinly sliced
- cilantro leaves , optional
- pickled ginger , optional
- nori , optional
- toasted sesame seeds , optional
- Combine coconut water and rice in a medium saucepan set over medium-high. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 35 to 40 min. Stir in coconut oil. Let stand, covered.
- Meanwhile, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Boil 4 cups water and ginger in a shallow saucepan, then reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp and edamame. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through, 2 to 3 min. Using a slotted spoon, transfer edamame and shrimp to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Divide rice among four bowls. Top with edamame, shrimp, avocado, cilantro, pickled ginger, nori and sesame seeds. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 54 g,
- 18 g,
- 9 g,
- 381 mg.
- Good source of