Sheet Pan Orange Chicken with Sweet PotatoBy Chatelaine
There is nothing better than a one-sheet quick weeknight dinner, and this one involves baked veggies paired with sweet and tangy chicken.
- 1 orange
- 8 cups torn kale leaves , about 1/2 bunch
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs , (about 1 kg)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes , cut into 1/2-in wedges
- 1 red onion , cut in 8 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves , unpeeled and crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Zest orange into a large bowl. Cut orange in half and set aside. Add kale, 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt to bowl with orange zest. Toss with hands, massaging kale until tender.
2. Toss chicken with sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, orange halves, remaining 2 1/2 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and smoked paprika on prepared sheet. Spread veggies in 1 layer, then place chicken on top of vegetables.
3. Roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 min. Scatter kale over top and continue roasting until wilted, 3 to 5 min.
4. Peel garlic cloves. Use tongs to squeeze juice from roasted orange halves over chicken and vegetables, then divide among plates along with garlic.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 38 g,
- 38 g,
- 53 g,
- 7 g,
- 646 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C