Vermicelli bowl with sesame beef and broccoli
Photo, Sian Richards.
A cozy bowl of healthy comfort food with beef and broccoli. Bonus: rice vermicelli noodles are quick to cook, so they're a huge time-saver.
, thinly sliced
1 large bunch
, cut into small florets and pieces (about 6 cups)
, to garnish
- BOIL a kettle filled with water. Pour boiling water over vermicelli noodles in a large bowl until completely covered. Let stand, stirring frequently, until tender, 5 to 7 min. Drain, then toss vermicelli with sesame oil.
- TOSS sirloin steak with soy sauce and rice vinegar in a medium bowl.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over high. Add canola oil, then half of steak, reserving marinade in bowl. Do not crowd pan. Cook steak, stirring often, until just browned on the outside, about 30 sec per side. Transfer to a plate, leaving any liquid in pan. Repeat with remaining beef.
- ADD minced garlic and ginger to pan, and cook for 30 sec. Add broccoli. Cook, stirring often, until it just starts to turn bright green, about 1 min. Add remaining 1 tbsp light soy sauce, beef broth, oyster sauce and reserved marinade. Boil for 2 min. Stir in reserved beef.
- DIVIDE vermicelli noodles among 4 bowls. Top with beef and broccoli mixture. Sprinkle vermicelli with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
How to make sesame ginger steak and noodle salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 53 g,
- 17 g,
- 5 g,
- 698 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C