Updated Dec 13, 2018Chatelaine
fine rice vermicelli noodles
sirloin steak, thinly sliced
light soy sauce, divided
garlic cloves, minced
1 large bunch
broccoli, cut into small florets and pieces (about 6 cups)
no-salt beef broth
toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- BOIL a kettle filled with water. Pour boiling water over vermicelli noodles in a large bowl until completely covered. Let stand, stirring frequently, until tender, 5 to 7 min. Drain, then toss vermicelli with sesame oil.
- TOSS sirloin steak with soy sauce and rice vinegar in a medium bowl.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over high. Add canola oil, then half of steak, reserving marinade in bowl. Do not crowd pan. Cook steak, stirring often, until just browned on the outside, about 30 sec per side. Transfer to a plate, leaving any liquid in pan. Repeat with remaining beef.
- ADD minced garlic and ginger to pan, and cook for 30 sec. Add broccoli. Cook, stirring often, until it just starts to turn bright green, about 1 min. Add remaining 1 tbsp light soy sauce, beef broth, oyster sauce and reserved marinade. Boil for 2 min. Stir in reserved beef.
- DIVIDE vermicelli noodles among 4 bowls. Top with beef and broccoli mixture. Sprinkle vermicelli with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
NutritionCalories 504, Protein 33 g, Carbohydrates 53 g, Fat 17 g, Fibre 5 g, Sodium 698 mg. Excellent source of Vitamin C
How to make sesame ginger steak and noodle salad