Kitchen Tip: Cooking eggs in a saucepan instead of a frying pan will yield a creamier texture.
Scrambled egg tacoBy Chatelaine
The mighty egg pulls double duty, serving as a great start to your morning or a hearty and healthy evening meal.
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 avocado , diced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced dry chorizo sausage , (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven, 10 to 15 min.
- WHISK eggs and salt in a medium bowl.
- MELT butter in a medium frying pan over medium-low. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, until eggs form soft curds, 12 to 15 min. Stir in cheddar.
- DIVIDE eggs among the tortillas. Top with microgreens, green onions, avocado, chorizo and cilantro.
Chatelaine Quickies: Huevos rancheros
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 29 g,
- 26 g,
- 6 g,
- 461 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A