Sausage and mushroom pot pieBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Ditch the sugar right now! This month, we're all about the savoury baked goods.
- 4 hot Italian sausages , casings removed
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 142-g pkg baby spinach
- 1/4 cup butter , divided
- 2 227-g pkgs cremini mushrooms , quartered
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 g mozzarella , cut into 1/2-in. cubes (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 450-g pkg puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk , beaten
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Arrange 6 8-oz ramekins on a baking sheet.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add sausage meat and onion. Cook, breaking up sausage with a fork, until no pink remains, about 5 min. Add spinach, stirring until wilted, 1 min. Using slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp butter, then mushrooms to same pan and cook until softened, about 5 min. Add to sausage mixture.
- MELT remaining 3 tbsp butter in same pan over medium. Whisk in flour and continue whisking until mixture turns intoa paste, about 1 min. Slowly whisk in milk, cooking until sauce thickens, about 3 min. Stir in tomatoes, sausage mixture and cheese just until combined.
- DIVIDE among ramekins. Cut puff pastry into 6 squares or rectangles. Cut a large slit on top of each. Cover each pie with puff pastry, pressing edges of dough against rim of dish, or fold into the sides, stretching to fit if needed. Brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake until crust is golden, about 18 min.
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom Grain Bowl
[bc_video video_id=”5353765688001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 36 g,
- 37 g,
- 4 g,
- 943 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A