Salsa verde pork burgers with watermelon-jicama saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice , (about 2 limes)
- 1 to 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large shallot , finely chopped
- 1 small jicama , peeled and cut into matchsticks (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup mini-seedless watermelon , peeled, quartered and sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder or chili powder
- 1/4 cup torn mint
- 500 g lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup salsa verde , plus more for garnish
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 to 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- WHISK lime zest and juice, honey and shallot in a large bowl. Toss with jicama. Layer watermelon slices on a platter. Top with jicama and drizzle with any remaining dressing. Sprinkle with ancho chile powder and top with mint.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Combine pork and salsa in a medium bowl. Form into 4 patties, about 3/4 in. thick.
- OIL grill and cook patties, flipping halfway, until meat springs back when touched, 4 to 5 min per side. Serve burgers on buns, top with mayo, salsa verde and your favourite toppings.
Cheesy Camp Burgers
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 52 g,
- 29 g,
- 10 g,
- 974 mg.