Roasted chicken saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This leafy salad uses leftovers from yesterday's baked chicken and asparagus meal.
- 4 cups cubed baguette
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 3 roasted garlic cloves , finely chopped (reserved from chicken and asparagus bake, recipe link below)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cups arugula
- 4 chicken drumsticks , (reserved from chicken and asparagus bake) skin and bones discarded, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes , (reserved from chicken and asparagus bake)
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated parmesan
- PREHEAT oven to 425F.
- TOSS bread cubes with 1 tbsp canola oil on a baking sheet. Bake in centre of oven until golden, 5 to 7 min. Let cool slightly.
- WHISK remaining 2 tbsp canola oil with garlic cloves reserved from chicken and asparagus bake, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl. Add arugula, reserved chicken and tomatoes, parmesan and toasted bread. Toss until coated.
Mastering the basics: roast chicken
[brightcove id=’4142687880001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 25 g,
- 19 g,
- 2 g,
- 603 mg.
- Excellent source of