Updated Dec 11, 2018Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil.
- SPRINKLE chicken with 1/2 tsp of the salt and pepper. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Stir panko, parmesan and 3 tbsp of the oil in a second shallow bowl.
- DIP 1 cutlet in egg, then shake off excess. Coat in panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, then repeat with remaining chicken. Bake 12 min, then flip. Continue baking until tops are crisp, about 8 min.
- HEAT remaining 1 tbsp oil in a small saucepan over medium-low. Add garlic and cook 30 sec. Add tomatoes, half of the basil and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and cook on low, stirring, 5 min.
- DIVIDE half of the tomato sauce over chicken pieces and sprinkle with mozzarella. Continue baking until cheese is melted, 3 min. Serve with remaining sauce and garnish with remaining basil.
NutritionCalories 415, Protein 35 g, Carbohydrates 17 g, Fat 23 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 908 mg.
Cheese grating tips