Cherry pork chops with roasted squash and brussels sprouts
This article has not been rated yet.
Photo, Erik Putz.
A sweet-tart cherry sauce pairs perfectly with pork chops.
, (about 950 g), seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
, trimmed and halved
, (about 750 g)
sherry vinegar or white-wine
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- TOSS squash and brussels sprouts with 3 tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp salt. Arrange in 1 layer on prepared sheet. Season with pepper. Roast for 10 min.
- SEASON pork with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter, then pork. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 min per side. Arrange pork over vegetables on baking sheet. Continue roasting until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 more min.
- STIR vinegar with honey, cherries, garlic powder and cayenne in same pan over medium-high. Boil until sauce reduces to cup, 3 to 4 min.
- DIVIDE vegetables and pork among plates. Drizzle with cherry sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 60 g,
- 23 g,
- 6 g,
- 613 mg.