Cherry pork chops with roasted squash and brussels sproutsBy Chatelaine
A sweet-tart cherry sauce pairs perfectly with pork chops.
- 1 large kabocha squash , (about 950 g), seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 500 g brussels sprout , trimmed and halved
- 4 tbsp melted butter , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 4 bone-in pork chops , (about 750 g)
- 3/4 sherry vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp chopped dried cherries
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- TOSS squash and brussels sprouts with 3 tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp salt. Arrange in 1 layer on prepared sheet. Season with pepper. Roast for 10 min.
- SEASON pork with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter, then pork. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 min per side. Arrange pork over vegetables on baking sheet. Continue roasting until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 more min.
- STIR vinegar with honey, cherries, garlic powder and cayenne in same pan over medium-high. Boil until sauce reduces to cup, 3 to 4 min.
- DIVIDE vegetables and pork among plates. Drizzle with cherry sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 60 g,
- 23 g,
- 6 g,
- 613 mg.