Updated Apr 5, 2017Chatelaine
napa cabbage, shredded
plain rice cakes, divided
340 g bag
frozen raw, peeled medium shrimp, thawed
grated fresh ginger
minced garlic cloves
lean ground pork
leaves of Boston lettuce, optional
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- TOSS cabbage and carrot with white-wine vinegar and sugar. Let stand for 30 min.
- CRUSH 1 plain rice cake into fine crumbs in a resealable zip-top bag. Pat shrimp dry and mince finely.
- WHISK tamari and sesame oil with ginger, cornstarch and garlic in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and ground pork. Gently mix together until combined. Stir in crushed rice cake and cilantro. Shape into 4 patties, about 1⁄2 in. thick.
- OIL grill. Barbecue patties, lid closed, until cooked through, 4 min per side. Top 4 plain rice cakes with Boston lettuce leaves (optional), burgers, then cabbage slaw. Drizzle with slaw liquid. Garnish with more cilantro, if desired.
NutritionCalories 449, Protein 44 g, Carbohydrates 19 g, Fat 21 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 819 mg. Excellent source of Iron
These flavours are inspired by Chinese siu mai dim sum dumplings. The combo of shrimp and pork is a delicious alternative to the usual burger.