Poached ginger chicken and noodlesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 900-mL low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thick slices ginger
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , sliced in half horizontally
- 6 Shanghai bok choy , quartered
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili flakes
- 3 205-g pkgs pre-cooked udon noodles
- 4 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- BOIL broth with ginger in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken breasts; gently poach, flipping halfway, until cooked through, 8 to 10 min. Discard ginger. Transfer 4 chicken pieces to a cutting board and thinly slice. Reserve remaining 2 chicken pieces for sesame chicken congee.
- ADD Shanghai bok choy and chili flakes to broth and cook until almost tender, 1 min. Add udon noodles, discarding seasoning packets. Continue to cook, 1 to 2 more min. Strain and reserve broth for Sesame Chicken Congee. Return noodles to the pan with the chicken, bok choy, hoisin, oil and cilantro. Toss to combine.
How to remove chicken breast from the whole chicken
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 51 g,
- 5 g,
- 4 g,
- 617 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A