Jan 16, 2019Chatelaine
flank steak, about 500g, 1-in. thick, at room temperature
olive oil, divided
sweet onion, thinly sliced
cloves garlic, minced
1 283-g pkg
multi-coloured cherry tomatoes
grainy Dijon mustard
1 142-g pkg
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 250F. Rub both sides of steak with 1 tbsp oil, then 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and place on a rack on a baking sheet.
- ROAST until rare or until it reaches 110F, about 20 min. Remove from oven.
- HEAT 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high. Sear steak until dark brown, 1 to 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate.
- REDUCE heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp oil and onion to pan. Cook until onion is softened, about 3 min. Stir in garlic, vinegar and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes burst, 2 to 3 min.
- WHISK remaining 3 tbsp oil, juices from steak plate, Dijon and oregano in a large bowl. Toss in tomato mixture and arugula. Divide among plates, top with thinly sliced steak.
NutritionCalories 419, Protein 30 g, Carbohydrates 11 g, Fat 28 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 705 mg. Excellent source of vitamin B12
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai steak salad