Pan-fried flank steak with arugula saladBy Chatelaine
- 1 flank steak , about 500g, 1-in. thick, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper , divided
- 1 medium sweet onion , thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 283-g pkg multi-coloured cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 142-g pkg baby arugula
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 250F. Rub both sides of steak with 1 tbsp oil, then 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and place on a rack on a baking sheet.
- ROAST until rare or until it reaches 110F, about 20 min. Remove from oven.
- HEAT 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high. Sear steak until dark brown, 1 to 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate.
- REDUCE heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp oil and onion to pan. Cook until onion is softened, about 3 min. Stir in garlic, vinegar and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes burst, 2 to 3 min.
- WHISK remaining 3 tbsp oil, juices from steak plate, Dijon and oregano in a large bowl. Toss in tomato mixture and arugula. Divide among plates, top with thinly sliced steak.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai steak salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 11 g,
- 28 g,
- 2 g,
- 705 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12