One-pan pizza pastaBy Chatelaine
- 4 cups rotini pasta
- 3 slices bacon , chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 250 g lean ground beef
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni , divided
- 660-mL jar passata
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp chopped parlsey
- COOK pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- HEAT a large oven-safe frying pan over medium-high. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 3 min. Add green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 min. Add beef and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon, for 4 min, then stir in ¾ cup of the pepperoni. Cook mixture for 2 min.
- STIR in passata and sugar and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 min. Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid and stir until combined. Sprinkle cheese and remaining ¼ cup pepperoni overtop.
- BROIL in centre of oven until cheese is melted and browned, about 3 min. Sprinkle with parsley.
Chatelaine Quickies: One pot pastas
[bc_video video_id=”4837791353001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 42 g,
- 22 g,
- 2 g,
- 782 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12