One-pan mushroom gratin with butter beansBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This one-pan meal, filled with mushrooms and topped with cheese, is a dinnertime winner.
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 227-g pkg cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 398-mL can butter (or cannellini) beans , drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat broiler. Combine panko with parmesan, parsley and 1 tbsp oil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- HEAT a large oven-safe frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil, then mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms soften and start to brown, 8 to 9 min. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic. Cook for 1 min. Sprinkle with flour and add beans, stirring for 1 min.
- ADD broth and 1/2 cup water, stirring up brown bits from pan bottom, and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low and simmer until sauce is thickened, 4 to 5 min. Stir in Swiss chard and cook
until wilted, 2 min. Season with pepper.
- SPRINKLE panko mixture over bean mixture. Broil until top is golden, about 2 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 31 g,
- 14 g,
- 6 g,
- 574 mg.