One-pan lasagnaBy Chatelaine
1 h 10 min
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion , finely chopped
- 3 Italian sausages , casings removed
- 227 g sliced cremini mushrooms , (3 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 796-mL can plum tomatoes , chopped
- 1 egg , beaten
- 454-g tub smooth ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan , divided
- 6 fresh lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- HEAT oil in a deep 10-in. oven-safe frying pan over medium-high. Add onion and cook until almost soft, 3 min. Add sausages and cook until browned, 3 to 4 min. Add mushrooms, garlic and pepper flakes and cook until mushrooms are soft, 5 min. Stir in tomatoes and reduce heat to medium. Gently boil until sauce thickens slightly, 12 to 15 min. Transfer to a large bowl.
- STIR egg, ricotta and 1/2 cup of the parmesan in a medium bowl.
- SPREAD 1 heaping cup of the meat mixture in bottom of same frying pan. Cover with 2 lasagna noodles, cutting to fit pan. Layer with 1 heaping cup of meat mixture and half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers, ending with meat mixture.
- BRING to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until noodles are cooked through, 12 to 15 min. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup parmesan and mozzarella.
- BROIL in centre of oven until cheese is melted and browned, 1 to 2 min.
Mastering the basics: lasagna
[bc_video video_id=”4142688294001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 57 g,
- 26 g,
- 4 g,
- 869 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6