Lasagna-stuffed spaghetti squash
Photo, Erik Putz.
This versatile gourd makes a healthy alternative to carb pastas.
, or butter melted, divided
, casings removed
1/2 796-mL can
- PREHEAT oven to 375F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT ends off squash and discard. Halve lengthwise, then scoop out seeds and stringy strands. Brush squash with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place, cut-side down, on prepared sheet. Roast until a fork is easily inserted in centre, 40 to 45 min. Flip squash and cool about 15 min.
- HEAT 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium. Add sausage meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic and cook until no pink remains in meat, 3 min. Add tomatoes and mash with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 10 min.
- SCOOP out squash, leaving 1/4 in. around the edges. Stir squash into sauce until combined, then divide mixture between squash halves. Stir cheeses in a bowl and sprinkle over squash.
- INCREASE heat to 400F and continue baking until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3 to 5 min. Sprinkle with parsley.
Chatelaine Quickies: Macaroni and cheese with roasted butternut squash
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 22 g,
- 28 g,
- 3 g,
- 966 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C