Recipes and photos from Everyday Super Food. ©2015 by Jamie Oliver. Published in Canada by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved.
Jamie Oliver's fish tacosBy Chatelaine
"Just one haddock fillet provides us with a source of seven different essential vitamins and minerals, plus this colorful dish gives us three of our 5-a-day." -JO
- 3/4 cup all-purpose whole-grain flour
- 2 ripe kiwifruit
- 4 scallions
- 1 fresh jalapeño , or green chile
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro , (1 oz)
- 2 limes
- Tabasco chipotle sauce
- 1/4 of a small red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 of an orange
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 2 x 4-oz fillets of firm white fish, such as haddock , skin on, scaled, and pin-boned
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- In a bowl, mix the flour and a pinch of sea salt with 1/4 cup of water to form a dough. Knead for a couple of minutes, then put aside. Peel the kiwifruit, cut in half, and put into a large, dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the green halves of the scallions and the seeded chile. Lightly scald it all, turning every now and again, then place in a blender with half the cilantro, the juice of 1 lime, and a few shakes of chipotle Tabasco. Blitz until smooth, then taste and season to perfection. Very finely slice the red cabbage, ideally on a mandolin (use the guard!), scrunch with the remaining cilantro leaves and the vinegar and orange juice, then season to perfection.
- To make your tacos, divide the dough into four balls and roll out each one thinly. Cook each through in a non-stick pan for just 1 minute on each side until soft, turning when you see bubbles. Cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Slice up the whites of the scallions. Seed the pepper and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Slice the fish into 3/4-inch strips, then toss with the scallions, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of oil. Return the pan you used for your tacos to a high heat and cook the fish mixture for around 4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and lightly golden. Divide the yogurt, fish, and veg between your warm tacos. Serve with the dressed red cabbage, that killer salsa, and lime wedges for squeezing over, then devour!
Chatelaine Quickies: Roadside fish tacos
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10.6 g,
- 48.3 g,
- 1.8 g,
- 8.4 g,