Photography, Erik Putz. Food styling, Ashley Denton. Prop styling, Catherine Doherty.
, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
batch Homemade egg
, cut into farfalle
1 1/2 cups
- Make Homemade Egg Pasta Dough, and roll according to instructions below.
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 450F. Toss broccoflower and shallots with olive oil and salt on a baking sheet. Season with pepper. Spread vegetables in one layer. Roast until edges are golden, 10 to 12 min.
- Arrange prosciutto in one layer on another sheet. Bake until crisp, 2 to 4 min. Remove and set aside.
- Cook farfalle in boiling water until al dente, 3 to 5 min. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain and
- Add broth, butter and pasta water to same pasta pot. Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Add 1 cup cheese, 1⁄4 cup at a time, stirring after each addition. (If you add too much at once, cheese may separate.) Stir until smooth and thickened. Season with pepper.
- Stir in peas, pasta, broccoflower and shallots until coated. Divide into bowls. Crumble prosciutto and sprinkle over pasta with remaining cheese.
How To Roll Farfalle
- Dust a rimmed baking sheet with semolina. If rolling by hand, divide full batch of dough into 4 pieces and form each into a square. On a floured counter, use a rolling pin to roll into 1-mm-thick squares.
- If using a pasta roller, divide full batch of dough into 6 parts. Laminate and roll the dough at thickest setting, 2 or 3 times. Continue rolling dough through machine while reducing size setting until you reach 1-mm.
- Cut pasta sheet lengthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. Using a pastry cutter, cut strips into 2-in.-wide pieces. Pinch top and bottom of each rectangle to make a butterfly shape. Transfer to prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 47 g,
- 25 g,
- 4 g,
- 1239 mg.