Herb and olive halibut with grilled bread saladBy Chatelaine
- 1/2 cup oil-cured green olives , finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper , patted dry and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 4 skin-on halibut fillets , about 500 g
- 1/8 tsp salt
Grilled bread salad
- 2 1-in. slices Italian loaf bread , preferably day-old
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds , toasted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- COMBINE olives with red pepper, parsley, lemon zest, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp oil, capers and garlic in a medium bowl. Sprinkle halibut with 1/8 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- OIL grill. Barbecue fish, skin-side down, lid closed, until a knife tip inserted into the thickest part of fish and held for 10 sec feels warm, about 10 min.
- BRUSH both sides of bread slices with 1 tbsp oil. Grill, lid open, until toasted and grill marks form, 2 to 3 min per side. Tear bread into bite-sized pieces, then transfer to a bowl. Add arugula, almonds, lemon juice, 1/8 tsp salt and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Season with fresh pepper. Toss until coated. Serve with halibut topped with olive mixture.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make zucchini-feta cakes
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 17 g,
- 29 g,
- 3 g,
- 818 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12