Hearty chorizo and kale soupBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
The name says soup, but just add a slice of bread and you've got a satisfying dinner.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 200 g cured chorizo sausages , coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 onion , sliced
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes , peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 796-mL can plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili flakes
- 1/2 bunch kale , ribs removed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- HEAT a large pot over medium. Add oil, then sausages, onion and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until potatoes are golden, about 10 min. Add water, tomatoes, garlic and chili flakes. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 20 min. Using a wooden spoon, mash tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- STIR in kale and salt. Season with fresh pepper.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 31 g,
- 17 g,
- 4 g,
- 956 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C