Kitchen Tip: For accuracy, use a digital thermometer inserted in centre of steak and cook to 135F to 140F.
Grilled steak with caesar saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Crisp fall temperatures are perfect for barbecuing.
- 1 large red onion , cut into 8 wedges
- 3 romaine hearts
- 2 heads radicchio , divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 750 g bone-in rib steak , (1 1/2 in. thick), at room temperature
- 1 3/4 tsp Montreal steak spice
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 2 lemons , halved
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- balsamic vinegar , (optional)
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Brush onion and lettuces with 1 tbsp of the oil and arrange on a platter. Brush steak with remaining ½ tbsp oil, then sprinkle and pat with steak spice and ancho chili powder on both sides.
- OIL grill. Cook steak, 6 to 8 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand, loosely tented with foil, for 10 min before slicing across the grain.
- GRILL vegetables, flipping once, until tender: onion, 6 min; romaine and radicchio, 1 min. Grill lemons, 3 min.
- DIVIDE steak, onion, romaine, radicchio and lemons among 4 plates. Sprinkle parmesan over romaine and drizzle vinegar over radicchio. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to cook steak in the oven
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 22 g,
- 26 g,
- 6 g,
- 326 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6