Fish pie with potato crustBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Canned salmon is a healthy, affordable, versatile ingredient. Bonus: Almost all of it is wild.
- 2 large potatoes , peeled and diced
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 213-g cans salmon , drained and broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup 35% cream , divided
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- SPRAY an 8 x 8-in. baking dish with oil. Boil potatoes in a medium saucepan until tender, about 15 min.
- COMBINE frozen vegetables with salmon, 1/2 cup cream and dill in a medium nonstick frying pan over medium-high. Cook until thickened, about 3 min. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Transfer to prepared dish.
- DRAIN potatoes. Mash with remaining 1/4 cup cream and garlic salt. Spread evenly over fish mixture. Broil until golden, about 5 min.
How to skin and debone fish
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 49 g,
- 20 g,
- 6 g,
- 465 mg.