Chicken omelettes with snap peas and basilBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter , divided
- 2 cups sugar snap peas , trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved (optional)
- 1 cup microgreens , (optional)
- WHISK eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- MELT 1/2 tsp butter in a 10-in. non-stick frying pan over medium. Swirl to coat bottom and sides of pan. Add a quarter of egg mixture and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Cook until edges are set, about 1 min. Cover and cook until top is set, 1 to 2 min. Slide omelette onto a plate. Repeat with 1 ½ tsp butter and remaining egg mixture, transferring each omelette to a separate plate.
- MELT remaining 1 tsp butter in pan. Add snap peas and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 min. Stir in chicken and cook until warm, then add basil.
- DIVIDE chicken mixture and parmesan among omelettes, then fold in half. Garnish with basil, tomatoes and microgreens.
How to poach eggs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 4 g,
- 17 g,
- 1 g,
- 695 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A