Kitchen Tip: Toasting curry powder mellows any bitterness. Cook in a small pan over medium until fragrant, about 2 min.
Open-faced butter chicken burgerBy Chatelaine
- 900 g ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 4 tsp medium curry powder , toasted
- 3/4 cup butter chicken sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 rounds of naan , (optional)
- 1/2 cup Indian lime pickle , (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 cocktail tomatoes , sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro , (optional)
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced (optional)
- GENTLY mix chicken, cilantro, green onions, curry powder and salt in a bowl. Shape into 6 ½-in.-wide patties.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill and barbecue burgers, lid closed, about 3 min. Flip burgers and top with butter chicken sauce. Continue grilling, lid closed, until burgers are cooked through, about 3 more min. Top with cheese and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 min.
- TOP each naan round with lime pickle, spinach, tomato slices and a burger. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Chatelaine Quickies: Cheesy camp burgers
Nutrition (per serving)
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6