Kitchen tip: The hot pan may become smoky as the fish cooks, so keep the exhaust fan on or open a window.
Blackened red snapper with spicy Cajun riceBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 3 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning mix , such as Clubhouse, divided
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 450 g red snapper fillets , cut into large pieces, patted dry
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- HEAT a medium saucepan over medium. Add 1 tbsp oil, then onion, garlic, green pepper and 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 4 min. Stir
in tomato paste, rice and 1 1/2cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender, 10 min. Stir in peas and corn and continue to cook, covered, until vegetables are heated through, about 2 min.
- SPREAD remaining 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning on a plate. Coat fish with seasoning.
- HEAT remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add fish and cook until a dark crust forms, 1 to 2 min per side. Remove from pan. Stir green onions into rice, then serve with fish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 46 g,
- 13 g,
- 5 g,
- 362 mg.