Kitchen Tip: To peel cucumber into ribbons, lay the cucumber flat on a work surface. Use a vegetable peeler to shave off long thin ribbons from end to end until you reach the seedy centre. Turn and repeat on the second side, then the third and fourth sides. Discard seedy centre. Absorb juice on a kitchen towel.
Saucy BBQ pork tenderloin with radish cucumber saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/2 cup marmalade
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 680 g pork tenderloin , (about 2 small), sliced into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 English cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- 250 g radishes , thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pinch of pepper
- WHISK marmalade, sriracha and 3/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Reserve half of mixture in a small bowl. Add pork to medium bowl. Toss until coated. Let stand 10 min.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Whisk vinegar, Dijon, 2 tbsp of reserved marmalade mixture and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Whisk in oil until smooth.
- OIL grill. Barbecue pork, covered, flipping halfway, until springy when pressed, 4 to 5 min. Brush with more reserved marmalade mixture, then transfer to plates.
- WHISK dressing and toss with cucumber, radishes, spinach and pepper. Divide among plates. Drizzle pork with any remaining mixture.
Chef Secrets with Chuck Hughes: Perfect pork crackling
Nutrition (per serving)
- 39 g,
- 34 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 864 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6