Love seafood? Learn more about shopping for seafood, and what to look out for, here.
Baked Rainbow Trout Fillets With Potato TilesBy Chatelaine
Golden potato slices and flaky herbed fish are the perfect match. Serve with leafy greens drizzled in vinaigrette.
- 900 g Yukon Gold potatoes , (4 medium), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 4 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 1/4 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , cut in small pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 rainbow trout fillets , (about 680 g total)
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment double the size of pan.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl. Arrange in slightly overlapping rows to fill baking sheet. Dot potatoes with butter. Fold parchment overtop and crimp edges together to enclose. Bake potatoes until tender and browned on bottom, about 35 min (lift corner of top parchment and peek inside to check for doneness).
- Stir remaining 2 tbsp oil with parsley, garlic, tarragon, lemon zest and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Fold back or tear off excess parchment and lay fish on top of potatoes. Pour oil-herb mixture all over fish. Bake until fish begins to flake when centre of fillets are firmly pressed, about 12 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 39 g,
- 40 g,
- 30 g,
- 4 g,
- 797 mg.