Baked meatballs with roasted vegetablesBy Chatelaine
- 3/4 cup red quinoa , rinsed
- 1 Gala apple , halved
- 4 tsp lemon juice , divided
- 2 small sweet potatoes , cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 4 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 450 g lean ground pork
- 3 tsp honey , divided
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- POSITION racks in top and bottom-thirds of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Cook quinoa following package directions.
- GRATE one apple half and thinly slice other half and toss with 1 tsp lemon juice in a small bowl.
- DIVIDE sweet potatoes, sprouts, 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt between prepared sheets, tossing to coat.
- STIR pork, grated apple, 2 tsp honey, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Form into 12 meatballs. Divide between sheets. Bake, switching sheets halfway, until meatballs are cooked through, 15 to 20 min.
- WHISK remaining 1 tbsp oil, 3 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp salt, tahini, zest and 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Divide everything among bowls, then drizzle with dressing. Top with apple slices.
[bc_video video_id=”5237541359001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”default”]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 68 g,
- 25 g,
- 13 g,
- 727 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A