Apple cider turkey pot pieBy Chatelaine
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups apple cider , divided
- 1 sweet potato , peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 kg skinless, boneless turkey breast , cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 1/2 450-g pkg frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk , beaten
- PREHEAT oven to 400F.
- STIR cornstarch with 1/4 cup apple cider in a small bowl. Set aside.
- COMBINE sweet potato with remaining cider and onion in a pot. Boil, covered, until potato is tender, 12 to 15 min.
- STIR cornstarch mixture and add to pot along with cream, Dijon, sage and salt. Stir often, until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 min. Stir in cubed turkey breast and peas.
- SCRAPE turkey filling into a 9×13-in. baking dish. Top with puff pastry, stretching dough to cover dish. Using the tines of a fork, press edges of dough against rim of dish, or fold into the sides. Brush egg yolk over pastry. Cut several slits in the top to let steam escape.
- BAKE in centre of oven until crust is golden-brown, 15 to 20 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 45 g,
- 41 g,
- 17 g,
- 4 g,
- 438 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A