Tortellini alfredo with peas and baconBy Chatelaine
- 600-g pkg fresh cheese tortellini pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 cloves garlic , grated
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley , plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan , divided
- COOK tortellini following package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Cook bacon, turning, until crispy, about 10 min. Drain on paper towel and discard all but 2 tbsp fat from pan. Add garlic and parsley and cook for 1 min. Add cream, peas, reserved cooking liquid and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until cream has thickened slightly, 3 min.
- STIR in tortellini and 1/3 cup of the parmesan cheese and toss until hot, about 2 min. Remove from heat. Crumble in bacon and stir in remaining 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and more parsley. Kitchen Tip: Serve this easy alfredo pasta with a fresh green salad.
Cheese grating tips
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 44 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 566 mg.
- Excellent source of