Strawberry galetteBy Chatelaine
No pie plate required. This free-form pie is a rustic dessert you can fill with a variety of berries – but we're making a date with this version as soon as strawberry season gets underway.
- 454-g tub strawberries
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar , divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds , toasted
- 1 tbsp 35% cream
- strawberry jam , to glaze
- HULL and quarter strawberries. Toss with 2 tbsp each sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- LAY a pre-rolled sheet of puff pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle almonds in centre of pastry, leaving a 2-in. border. Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp sugar over almonds. Top with strawberry mixture.
- FOLD border up over strawberries. Brush crust with cream. Bake at 400F in bottom third of oven until crust is golden, 40 to 45 min.
- REMOVE from oven and brush strawberry jam over strawberries. Serve warm.