S'mores Ice Cream SandwichBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
6 hrs 20 min
This scrumptious marshmallow ice cream and creamy chocolate ganache sandwiched between graham crackers is a cool twist on your campfire favourite.
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 80 g milk chocolate , chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 32 square graham-crackers , softened overnight (see Kitchen tip)
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Line a 9×9-in. baking pan (or 8×8-in. for a slightly thicker ice cream layer) with plastic, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Ice cream: Beat 1 cup cream in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until stiff peaks form, 2 to 4 min. Reduce speed to low and beat in sweetened condensed milk just until combined. Mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
- Arrange marshmallows tightly in a single layer on prepared sheet. Broil until marshmallows are dark golden but not burnt, 2 to 3 min. Immediately beat into ice cream mixture. Scrape into prepared pan. Freeze until firm, 6 hrs.
- Ganache: Combine ¼ cup cream and butter in a small saucepan set over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture comes to a simmer, 2 to 4 min. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Scrape into a medium bowl. Set aside until completely cooled. Ganache should thicken up slightly as it cools.
- Remove ice cream from pan by pulling up plastic. Cut into 16 squares.
- To serve, arrange ice cream squares on half of the crackers. Top each with 2 tsp ganache. Sandwich with remaining crackers. Serve immediately.
Soften graham crackers overnight by placing them in a sealed container with 2 slices of bread spritzed lightly with water. The softened texture will make it easier to bite into the ice cream sandwiches. Omit this step, if desired.