Small-batch chocolate chip cookiesBy Chatelaine
This recipe yields just four cookies, making it the perfect little indulgence for after dinner.
- 2 tbsp butter , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment.
- STIR butter with brown sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour and baking soda until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- DIVIDE batter into 4 portions. Scoop each portion onto prepared sheet, 3-in. apart. Cookies will spread as they bake. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- BAKE in centre of oven until cookies are golden around the edges, about 10 min. Transfer sheet to a rack to cool just slightly, about 2 min.
Flaky sea salt is used at the end of cooking to preserve texture and appearance. Here it adds a salty note and a fun crunch to make these cookies even more delicious.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 28 g,
- 11 g,
- 1 g,
- 126 mg.