Updated Aug 31, 2017Chatelaine
Bourbon Whipped Cream
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Insert the base of a 9-in. springform pan, lip-side down. Lightly spray with oil, then line bottom with parchment.
- STIR graham crumbs and butter in a medium bowl until moist. Press firmly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 20 min. Let cool.
- WRAP outside of pan with a large square of heavy-duty foil, wrapping all the way up the side of the pan. Repeat with a second piece of foil. Place in a roasting pan.
- PLACE 3 layers of paper towel on a baking sheet. Spread pumpkin, then top with 3 more layers of paper towel, pressing down to absorb liquid. Discard top paper towels, then repeat with 3 more layers. Transfer purée to a bowl (it should measure 2 cups).
- BOIL a kettle of water. Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until smooth. Beat in pumpkin, flour, spices, vanilla and salt, scraping sides with a spatula. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until combined. Add 1/2 cup cream and beat until smooth. Pour cheese mixture over crust. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come almost halfway up side of prepared pan.
- BAKE until filling is almost set when springform pan is jiggled, about 1 hr 25 min. Remove from oven and run a hot paring knife around inside of pan to help prevent cracking. Let stand until water cools, about 30 min. Remove pan from water and discard foil. Cool completely, about 1 hr 30 min. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 6 hr or overnight.
- BOURBON Whipped Cream: Beat 1 cup cream with icing sugar and bourbon in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until soft peaks form, about 5 min. Serve cheesecake with whipped cream and candied pecans.
Kitchen Tip: Use extra-large, heavy-duty foil so that it comes all the way up to the top edge of the pan, to prevent water from seeping in.
Kitchen Tip: This is a great make-ahead dessert as chilling overnight helps create a dense, firm consistency.
NutritionCalories 435, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 37 g, Fat 30 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 304 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Weekend Baking: Raspberry swirl cheesecake bars