Updated Feb 22, 2018Chatelaine
2 1/4 cups
2 1/4 tsp
1 1/4 tsp
unsalted butter, softened
packed light brown sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- WHISK flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 3 min. Beat in egg and molasses until combined. Beat in flour mixture on low.
- SCOOP out 1-tbsp portions of dough and roll into balls. Coat with ¼ cup granulated sugar and arrange 2 in. apart on prepared sheets.
- BAKE until edges are lightly browned, about 10 min. Let cool for 5 min, then transfer to a rack to cool.