Buttermilk pannacotta with poached rhubarbBy Chatelaine
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin , about 2 1/2 tsp
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Poached Rhubarb , including syrup (recipe link below)
- 2 tbsp chopped, roasted and peeled hazelnuts
- SPRINKLE gelatin over water in a small bowl to soften and stir once. Let stand 10 min.
- COMBINE cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. When bubbles start to form around edges of mixture, remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture and salt then whisk to dissolve gelatin completely. Stir in buttermilk and lemon juice until combined. Pour through a sieve into 1-cup bowls or ramekins. Refrigerate until completely set, at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- JUST before serving, top each with poached rhubarb and hazelnuts.
Chatelaine Quickies: Poached rhubarb
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 33 g,
- 16 g,
- 1 g,
- 200 mg.