Chocolate Toffee: Sprinkle bark with ¼ cup toffee chips before baking.
Chocolate Peanut: Sprinkle bark with ½ cup unsalted halved peanuts.
Chocolate Coconut: Sprinkle bark with ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut.
Brownie barkBy Chatelaine
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment that hangs over the edge by 1 in. Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Whisk in sugar, butter and vanilla. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Stir into egg white mixture. Pour onto prepared sheet and spread evenly. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over top.
- BAKE for 20 min. Remove and cut into 24 squares. Return to oven and continue baking until top is no longer shiny, about 5 min. Let stand on a rack for 5 min. Slide parchment with bark onto rack and cool completely. Store bark in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Chatelaine Quickies: Caramel skillet s'mores
Nutrition (per piece)
- 1 g,
- 10 g,
- 3 g,
- 34 mg.