Bakery-style chocolate chip muffinsBy Chatelaine
Easy, sugar-dusted treats you can make in a half-hour. (And they're way better than the ones you pick up with your morning coffee in the drive-through.)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , divided
- 2 tsp coarse sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 375F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- WHISK flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, butter, hot water and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips until combined.
- DIVIDE among prepared cups. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and coarse sugar.
- BAKE until a tester inserted into centre of muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 min. Cool in pan for 10 min. Remove from pan and serve warm.
Chatelaine Quickies: Skillet chocolate chip cookie
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 44 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 281 mg.
- Good source of