Saucy Jerk Chicken WingsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Drums or flats? You're guaranteed to choose both when it comes to this saucy, crispy plate of jerk seasoned chicken wings.
- 1 kg chicken wings , drumettes and flats, separated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Jerk-Inspired Spice Blend , divided, (see Kitchen tips for recipe)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro , (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top. Spray rack with oil.
- Pat drumettes and flats dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with oil. Combine 2 tbsp spice blend and baking powder in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken. Toss until well coated. Arrange drumettes and flats on prepared rack.
- Bake until crisp, 35 to 40 min. Let stand for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining 1/2 tbsp spice blend with honey, soy sauce, butter, lime juice and chili-garlic sauce in a large bowl. Add wings and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges, if desired.
Get the Jerk-Inspired Spice Blend recipe.
For even crispier wings, arrange on a wire rack set on a prepared sheet and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight before baking.
Crispy wings will start to soften when tossed with sauce. For best results, toss just before serving.