Kitchen Tip: Peel thin cucumber ribbons with a vegetable peeler, then thread onto small skewers for garnish.
Cucumber jalapeño margarita mocktailBy Chatelaine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 jalapeño , halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup club soda
- COMBINE sugar and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves. Add chopped cucumber and jalapeño and boil for another 2 min. Set aside to cool and infuse.
- STIR salt, zest, paprika and pepper flakes in a shallow bowl.
- CUT a slit into a lime wedge, leaving the peel intact. Run the slit around the rim of 4 glasses until coated with juice. Dip rims in salt mixture to coat.
- FILL each glass with 2 tbsp lime juice. Remove cucumber and jalapeño from syrup and discard; add 1 tbsp syrup to each glass. Stir, then top with ice and 1/4 cup club soda.
- GARNISH each mocktail with a cucumber ribbon and a jalapeño ring.
Chatelaine Quenchers: How to make lemonade slushies
[bc_video video_id=”5036027472001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 170 mg.