Spanish potato and chorizo tortillaBy Chatelaine
8 hrs 20 min
Typical all over Spain as a tapa, this is also just right for breakfast, thanks to eggs and cured sausage. We like Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup packed grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 750 g potatoes , unpeeled, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 4 cups)
- 125 g cured chorizo sausage , chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced roasted red bell peppers
- LINE bottom and sides of slow cooker insert with 1 large piece of parchment. Spray with oil.
- HEAT a small non-stick frying pan over medium. Add olive oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until onion starts to soften, 3 min.
- WHISK eggs with parmesan and salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Stir in onion mixture, potatoes, chorizo and peppers. Pour into prepared insert. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- USE oven mitts to lift the parchment holding the tortilla out of the slow cooker. Transfer to a serving platter. Divide into 6 servings. Serve with Tomato Jam (recipe below).
Stir 2 pints grape tomatoes with 2 tbsp each apple-cider vinegar and honey and 1/4 tsp each Worcestershire sauce and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until thick and saucy, about 25 min. Reduce heat to medium-low as mixture becomes thicker. Stir in 1 to 2 tsp sriracha and remove from heat.
Our slow cooker recipes are developed with a 7 quart slow cooker.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 27 g,
- 22 g,
- 3 g,
- 916 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C