3 1/4 cups
1 1/2 tsp
- LINE the bottom of the Instant Pot bowl insert with parchment up the sides. Spray parchment with oil.
- STIR 3 1/4 cups flour with salt, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups warm water until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl. The dough will look slightly dry and shaggy.
- SCRAPE the dough in prepared pot. Close lid and press the Yogurt button on the Normal setting. Set the time for 4 1/2 hrs. (The surface of the dough will be dotted with bubbles.)
- PREHEAT oven to 450F. Scatter 1 tbsp flour on the counter. Remove the parchment and flip the dough onto the flour. Dough will be very soft. Fold the top edge over itself to the centre of the dough. Repeat around the edges, working in a clockwise motion, until you form a round loaf. Flip the loaf over and transfer to same parchment, seam-side down. Return to the Instant Pot bowl insert. Close lid and press Yogurt setting for 30 min. (Your oven should come up to temperature during this time.)
- REMOVE bowl insert from Instant Pot and cover the top completely with foil. Bake in centre of the oven for 30 min. Remove foil and continue baking until top of loaf is golden-brown and cracked, 15 to 18 more min. Remove bread to a rack to cool for 30 min before cutting and serving with butter.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Instant Pot Duo Plus model. Results may vary on different models.