Kitchen Tip: To reheat, sprinkle bagel bites with a little water and microwave for 30 sec on medium power. They will taste like freshly baked bagels.
Cream cheese-stuffed bagel bitesBy Chatelaine
48 bagel bites
For those days when you don't have time to sit down and enjoy a freshly toasted bagel, these bagel bites are here for you. Make them in advance and keep them for up to five days (the recipe makes 48, so we're pretty confident they'll last you all — or most — of the week).
- 600-g pkg store bought pizza dough
- 125 g cream cheese , cubed
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- PLACE dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide into 4 portions. Working with 1 portion at a time, roll into a 12-in. log, then cut into 1-in. pieces. Flatten each piece in your palm into a 2-in. wide circle and place 1 cheese cube in centre. Pull edges of dough to cover and pinch ends. Roll into a ball. Transfer balls to a lightly floured baking sheet. Let rise, covered with a damp tea towel, for 20 min.
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Pour sesame seeds onto a medium plate, and poppy seeds onto another.
- BRING 4 cups of water to a boil over high in a medium saucepan. Add honey, then reduce heat to medium- high. Cook balls, in batches of 6, until they begin to float, about 30 sec. Remove with a slotted spoon, shake off excess water and dab bottom of spoon with tea towel before transferring to plates with seeds. Roll to coat. Arrange balls on prepared sheets.
- BAKE switching and rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 20 to 25 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Refrigerate bagel bites in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 1 g,
- 64 mg.