Jalapeno poppersBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
These bite-sized snacks are perfect for New Year's entertaining or a post-holiday recess.
- Oil , for deep frying
- 130 g goat cheese
- 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 10 jalepeno peppers , halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp water
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- POUR enough oil into a large heavy-bottomed pot to reach 1 in. up the side. Heat over medium until deep-fry thermometer reaches 325F, then adjust heat to maintain temperature. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- STIR goat cheese and mozzarella in a small bowl, then fill jalapenos. Mix flour and salt in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs and water in a small bowl. Place panko in another small bowl. Coat jalapeno with flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then dip into egg. Dredge in panko, patting to coat. Set on plate and repeat with remaining jalapenos.
- FRY in batches until dark golden, 2 to 3 min. Drain on prepared baking sheet. Let cool for 5 min before serving.
How to test the heat of chili peppers
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 7 g,
- 12 g,
- 1 g,
- 178 mg.