( 11 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 40 minutes
- Total Time:
- 105 minutes
- 12 Cupcakes
- FOR CUPCAKES:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each nutmeg, ground ginger and allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- FOR ICING:
- 1/2 250g pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cooked bacon strips, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
Maple and bacon – need we say more? A sweet and savoury treat to satisfy your taste buds.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with oil or line with cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs with brown sugar, pumpkin, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until evenly mixed. Mixture will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake in centre of preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into centre of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 min.
- Beat cream cheese with icing sugar, butter and maple syrup until evenly mixed and smooth. Stir in chopped bacon. Refrigerate icing until firm, about 30 min. Spread or pipe icing over cooled cupcakes. Garnish with more bacon.
Gluten-free Tip: Try our gluten-free pumpkin cupcakes with just a few simple substitutions.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 5 g
- 50 g
- 17 g
- 1 g
- 268 mg