( 100 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 35 minutes
- Total time:
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g smoked chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups no-salt chicken broth
- 236 mL bottle clam juice
- 1/2 tsp crumbled saffron threads
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 398 mL can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- 16 large shrimp
- 500g fresh mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large, wide shallow pan over medium. Add oil, then chorizo. Cook for 3 min, then add onion, garlic, tomato paste and rice. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 3 min. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour broth and clam juice into a large measuring cup. Stir in saffron and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup broth mixture to rice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed, 3 to 4 min. Spread rice mixture so that it evenly covers bottom of pan. Pour in 1 cup broth mixture. Simmer, covered, until broth is absorbed, 5 to 7 min. Add another cup and simmer, covered, until broth is absorbed, 5 to 7 min. Pour in remaining broth mixture.
- Lay artichokes, red pepper and olives over rice. Then arrange shrimp and mussels over vegetables. Continue simmering, covered, until broth is absorbed and mussels open, about 15 min. Discard unopened mussels. Sprinkle peas overtop. Turn off heat. Cover and let stand for 5 min. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 29 g
- 64 g
- 22 g
- 5 g
- 1253 mg
For all your Holiday must-haves click here for our Shopping List.