( 60 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 90 minutes
- 8 Servings
- 600 g pkg frozen mixed berries
- 2 unpeeled apples, cored and coarsely grated
- 3 thick slices stale, crusty italian bread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Stir berries with apples in slow-cooker insert. Smooth out into an even layer.
- Break bread into pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until small crumbs form. They should measure 2 cups. In a large bowl, stir bread crumbs with sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and butter until combined. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over berry mixture.
- Place a clean tea towel, folded in half, between the pot and the lid of the slow cooker to absorb moisture. Cover and cook on high until fruit is hot, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve warm with ice cream.
The peel on the apples contains natural pectin, which helps thicken this dessert.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 3 g
- 37 g
- 13 g
- 5 g
- 243 mg