1 3/4 cups
unsweetened cocoa powder
ground flax meal
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 tsp
unsweetened apple sauce
2% Greek yogurt
good-quality dark chocolate, 70-85%, very finely chopped
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with silicone cupcake liners, then lightly spray with oil.
- Pour oats into a food processor. Whirl until very finely ground, about 2 min. Add cocoa, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whirl until combined, about 1 min.
- Whisk egg whites with applesauce, yogurt, agave syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add to food processor along with hot water. Whirl until combined, about 1 min. Scrape back
into bowl. Batter will be runny. Let batter stand until thickened to the consistency of oatmeal, about 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Stir chopped dark chocolate into thickened batter. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in centre of oven until muffins have risen and a skewer inserted in centre of muffins comes out slightly sticky but not wet, 25 to 27 min. Let muffins cool in pan for 15 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Frost with Vanilla marshmallow frosting. (Prep Tip: Muffins will stick to paper liners; use silicone liners for easy removal. Or spray muffin cups with oil if not using liners.)
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 6 g
Fibre 4 g
Sodium 267 mg
How to make perfectly shaped cupcakes