2 1/4 cups
butter, at room temperature
minced fresh ginger
chopped dark chocolate, about 112 g
granulated sugar, for rolling
- STIR flour with baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- BEAT butter with brown sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 min. Beat in egg, molasses, fresh ginger and zest, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Don’t worry if it looks a little curdled. Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll, about 20 min.
- POSITION oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray and set aside.
- SCOOP dough and roll into tbsp-sized balls. Coat with granulated sugar. Place on prepared sheets about 2 in. apart. Bake, switching and rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are puffed and lightly golden, 10 to 12 min. Remove to a rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
- Kitchen Tip: Prefer a crispy cookie? Bake an extra 2 to 3 minutes.
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 4 g
Sodium 67 mg
Baking School: How to cream butter