- To prepare the piri piri chicken, in a food processor, blend the chiles, garlic, vinegar, and salt until smooth. With the machine running, gradually add the oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with 2/3 cup of the piri piri mixture to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 1 day. Refrigerate the remaining piri piri sauce.
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers. Grill the skewers, turning frequently and basting with 1/3 cup of the remaining piri piri sauce, for about 12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and charred in spots.
- Meanwhile, to make the slaw, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, cucumber, onion, and mint. In a small bowl, whisk the lime zest and juice with the oil to blend. Toss the cabbage mixture with enough dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, divide the chicken skewers, slaw, and flatbreads among four plates. Serve the remaining piri piri sauce alongside. The chicken can be marinated for up to 1 day.
Excerpted from Good Food, Good Life. Copyright © 2015 Curtis Stone. Published by Appetite by Random House, a division of Random House of Canada Limited a Penguin Random House Company. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.